Hello fellow wanderers! We’re the Lauries’ – co-workers turned fast friends when we bonded over our mutual love of travel, all things Disney, scrapbooking, and a good Happy Hour. We’ve traveled together numerous times and have several future trips planned. Between the two of us, we’ve been to 33 Countries and 40 States. We’ve made 52 trips to Walt Disney World, 11 trips to Disneyland, sailed on 11 Disney Cruises and taken 2 Adventures by Disney vacations.
We love to talk about travel and we want to help you plan your next EPIC Girls Trip! We’ll be sharing all the 411 about:
- Where to go
- What to do (often involving food/drinks)
- Where to stay (hint – it’s not at a hostel with a backpack)
- How to pack light (but it’s okay if you want to check your bag – no judging!)
- And lots of great travel tips and resources
Hey Friends – I’m Laurie1 (only because I’m the oldest). I’ve worked as a travel advisor for the last seven years and I recently started my own business, working in Pinterest Marketing and Podcast Management.
I’ve been married for 30+ years and I have one son (17 going on 37). My boys also love to travel and we’ve been to lots of fun places, but I really prefer traveling with my girlfriends and that’s mostly what this blog will be about.
Other Randomness about me you may or may not care about:
- Besides being a huge Disney fanatic, I also geek out over Harry Potter, Star Wars and Dr. Who. #nerdalert
- I really, really do not like winter and I live in Minnesota (for now).
- I secretly want to travel around the country in an RV with my husband, but I think only one of us would make it back alive.
- I’m slightly obsessed with my kettlebell workouts.
- My irrational fear is death by shark.
- I LOVE a good Mojito and All.The.Tacos.
I’m Laurie2 (only because I’m the younger one – which I’m perfectly happy with) and I’ve been a travel advisor for more than 25 years. I believe life should be lived by a compass, not a clock.
I’m working on the next chapter of my life. My family is made of my friendships. Traveling with my friends IS traveling with my family. Home is where my dogs are. Their unconditional love has brought me through a lot of heartache.
Random Facts about me:
- I’m a proud Minnesotan. I can’t imagine ever living somewhere else. It is a land of extremes. Cold winters and hot summers. While I can’t say that I enjoy the winter, I feel like a hard winter is needed to truly appreciate the beauty and miracle of spring.
- Working out is something I do under duress. If you see me running, call the police because I’m clearly being chased. However, hiking the Minnesota State Parks is a passion of mine. I’ve hiked all of the State Parks at least once.
- I’m an avid scrapbooker. I’m one of the admins for DisneyScrappers.com and love the creativity that blooms there.
- I am a loyal Disneyphile. I take my personal vacations to Disney Destinations and spend my days helping magical memories come true for others.
- Beyond Disney, I am well versed in Star Wars and Harry Potter. I know that the Millenium Falcon did the Kessel Run in less that 12 parsecs and that you should never underestimate a droid. I know that it’s “levi-OH-sa” not “levio-SA”. I’ve tried using “oculus repairo” to fix my glasses but I’m clearly a muggle.
- I am not a morning person. I am unable to form a coherent sentence before 10 am.